Thank you for the confidence you have placed in alistbeauty.ca!
Alistbeauty takes the time to get to know you and it is our job to make you feel and look your very best on your special day! We are always here to answer any and all questions you and your party may have so you can be relaxed on the wedding day.
- Please inform us ASAP if you have any allergies or sensitivities.
Keep in mind:
- More than one trial appointment may be required for your ideal look. This is often if you want a very specific look, or if you’re not sure what styles looks good on you and would like to try a few styles.
- we suggest a trial but not trying to use this look for pre-wedding photos or engagement photos: if you are not sure of your look (especially for those that don’t wear makeup typically), it’s best to book a separate trial so you don’t leave unsure about the look in your photos afterwards.
- Trials are conducted typically Mondays and Wednesday.
- Your 1st Trial:
- The goal is to not create the perfect exact style for your event. This is the time dedicated for you to express to us, your artist, to learn what you like and don’t like, versus doing this on the event day itself.
- this helps us know more about you and what you like.
- For example, how much volume you like and how you prefer your bangs to look, etc.
- We are working towards a look you are most comfortable with and getting to know what works best for you.
3 months prior to your event date (or ASAP):
– Book a trial a minimum 3 months before the event, ideally earlier.
Please have for me the following pictures:
(Try to go for pictures of models that have the same hair colour and skin colour as you for the most accurate results. Red carpet styles are great examples as they aren’t photo-enhanced.) (remember a lot of pintress pictures are strongly photo shopped)
– Your own makeup/hair styling
– Your frontal face without any makeup (preferably in good lighting to see texture of skin)
– Your back of head, hair dried
– Past professional makeup done on you or others and what you liked/didn’t like about it.
– At least 1-2 Ideal pictures of your ideal look
– Your wardrobe theme/styling for that day
– Bridal Party wardrobe color and style
– Accessories wearing on the face/hair and/or on the body
– Theme, if any of the wedding
We want to do our homework before your trial so having these pictures ahead of time ensures we understand you ahead of time and can get started with the vision right away.
Please make sure that you have sent all the pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule in Time:
Up to 2.5 hours for your Makeup Trial
What Celebrities Do For The Best Results – Services To Book Ahead of Time:
Facial: your make up will look the best if your skin looks its best! The most ideal skin and canvas for the makeup is one that has a naturle glow.
If you are looking to have extractions done, do it at least 2-3 days prior to your makeup and hair service.
Teeth Whitening: You can have your teeth whitened for longer lasting results in pictures.
Opt for sensitive teeth whitening if you’re not sure and if it’s your first time!
It’s recommended to have your teeth cleaned by your dentist for the best results first.
Hair Removal: If you’ve done this before, you may have your upper lip, face, eyebrows waxed/threaded for a smoother look.
Shaving is not recommended as it may show stubble or roots, as this will show through on your skin.
Alistbeauty Skincare Experience:
- Exfoliation/Chemical Peels: If you’ve never done this before, don’t do any harsh peels or professional microdermabrasion treatments at least 2 weeks prior to your makeup. These are intense treatments and can leave the skin very sensitive to touch.
If you’ve have done before and are okay with these types of skin exfoliating treatments, please leave a week prior to the event.
- Waxing/Threading: Have not waxed the day before, again, this leaves the skin quite sensitive and raw. At least leave a full day in-between waxing/threading.
If you’ve never done waxing or threading before, please make sure you leave at least 2 weeks prior to your service to make sure you have enough time to heal from any sudden breakouts.
The Night Before / Day of Your Service:
- Gently exfoliate your face if you wish, with a scrub.
Tip: You can use just a washcloth in the shower when the skin is softer; and gently massage your skin to scrub off any dead skin. Especially around the nose, chin, forehead.
- Wear a hydrating masque if you wish, and/or eye mask before your treatment and service.
Tip: wearing one the night before your service makes a nice difference!
- This is the time to wash your hair if you prefer to have your hair freshly styled. Sleep with completely dry, freshly washed hair to prevent fly-away’s.
- No product in your hair unless we let you know it’s ok to use.
Checklist To Bring/Have At Your Service:
- Have all your makeup removed and with just clean skin and your moisturizer.
Extra Tip: If you can, you can be wearing your eye mask, face mask in the morning for extra hydration and plumpness! Don’t remove it and wear it the entire time.
- Have any other pictures of makeup
- Feel free to have your veil, hair accessories, jewelry, anything you are accessorizing close by.
- Trial: If possible wear a white top in the shade of your dress (ivory, off-white, white, ice white etc.)
Day of the event: wear something you can easily remove without disturbing the face/hair.
- Make sure you have eaten so you won’t be hungry during your service.
- Plan off enough time to thoroughly enjoy your experience.
When we come to you day of the wedding.
– the best area to work in is an area with lots of natural light from open windows and lots of space.
– A large table to place all the makeup and/or hair products
– 2 Chairs facing each other